Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Monday 15 February 2010

{Interiors Inspiration: Concrete}

Much like the all-white house in Friday's post, I'm not too sure I could live in these overtly modern interiors, that I saw on Deco Fabulous. They are too set, and frankly too hard and too cold. Still, I can look past my personal interior preferences and recognise that these slick, masculine and high-end design interiors are very stylish - it's just that they're not me. That said, I have taken some inspiration from them: I love the white standard lamp and brightly coloured cushion in the first picture, plus the 'wire' light with the coloured shades above the table in the fifth image is an inspired light fitting. What are your thoughts on these concrete interiors?






4 comments:

  1. I agree with you there Will - they do look amazing but I wouldn't want to live in them. I'd like my home to be cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone can live in an industrial space, I certainly can't, what I loved about the images was the potential for contrasting softer elements such as carpets, wood, colour, ornate furniture... I'd love to see chandelliers, faux skin rugs, cushions, vintage leather sofas, etc. arranged to create a homely home feel even if one or all the walls are concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wood on the walls!
    Great blog :) I will come back for more!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think perhaps I would like to live in one of these spaces on a temporary basis: in a hotel or a flat for a while. I just don't think I could make one of these spaces feel like a lived-in, cosy and welcoming long-term home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/02/interiors-inspiration-concrete.html";